When it comes to everyone’s favorite side dishes and snacks, how not to think of the aromatic potatoes baked in the oven? It is prepared in many families, because this simple budget dish suits almost everything. These potatoes can be combined with different sauces. It is good as a quick snack for a large company and children will definitely like it. Of course, you need to remember about calorie content, but sometimes you can pamper yourself and loved ones. We offer to understand together the intricacies of cooking potatoes in a village style.
Secrets of the right potato
What makes oven baked potatoes really tasty? We answer – the contrast of a crispy crust and a delicate soft center. And to achieve just such a combination, many chefs recommend using starchy potatoes. Often it boils down faster, inside is white, not yellow. Better to take young potatoes with a thin skin, otherwise you will have to peel them.
It is also important to choose the optimal size of root vegetables – not too small or large. Medium and elongated potatoes will be easier to cut into wedges.
If earlier you just cut the potatoes into wedges, sprinkled them with spices and sent them to the oven, then that was wrong! Before baking, you need to boil it a little so that the oil and spices stay on the surface, forming a golden crust.
To make the slices beautiful and tasty, be sure to use paprika and a little turmeric.
If you follow all the recommendations and follow the recipe, you will definitely like the result! Cooking!
potatoes – 800-900 g
vegetable oil – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
salt – 1 tsp.
paprika – 1 tsp.
nutmeg – 0.5 tsp
turmeric – 0.25 tsp
ground black pepper – 0.25 tsp.
dried garlic – 0.25 tsp
1. Prepare the potatoes by washing them well with a vegetable brush. If the potatoes are young, the skins can be left on. Therefore, it must be absolutely clean. It is better to peel middle-aged root vegetables.
2. Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. In the meantime, cut the vegetables, each potato into 8 slices.
3. When the water in the pot boils, dip the potatoes into it, stir and cook after boiling for 4 minutes. If the potatoes are small, 3 minutes will be enough.
4. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the potato wedges and place on paper towels. The potatoes should dry out.
5. In the meantime, combine all the spices and vegetable oil.
6. Transfer the potato wedges to a deep bowl, pour the mixture of oil and spices over them. Stir gently so that each wedge is covered with liquid. You can do it with your hands.
7. Leave the potatoes for 10 minutes.
8. While the wedges are soaked in spices, preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
9. Line a baking sheet with baking paper, place the wedges at a distance from each other, skin side down. Bake the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces and the power of your oven.
10. Rustic potatoes are ready, serve immediately!
Since the spice mix contains turmeric, use gloves when stirring the potatoes. So that there are no traces of bright spice on the skin.
Instead of regular paprika, you can use smoked paprika, so you get a new flavor.
The oven must be preheated to a high temperature. A crust forms on top of the slices, but inside they remain juicy.
Tomato, cheese or sour cream-garlic sauce is suitable for potatoes.