We will tell you about effective methods that will help you put yourself in order in a few minutes.
A difficult life situation, a quarrel, a sad movie: let’s be honest, we all cry. And a reason for this is not always needed. We cry and that’s it. After all, tears allow you to throw out negativity and get relief. However, often a wave of emotions rolls over at the most inopportune moment. Do not rush to give up, there is a way out. Here are some proven methods that can help relieve redness and puffiness under the eyes.
First aid for puffy eyes:
First of all, it is recommended to relax, open the window and take a deep breath, then exhale. Do this at least 15 times.
Then you should wash yourself with cold water, repeating the procedure three times (every ten minutes).
It is allowed to use special eye drops for conjunctivitis and for blood vessels (sold in a pharmacy without a prescription).
Important: do not rub your eyes, this will only aggravate the situation.
How to relieve redness and swelling under the eyes:
1. Lotions. After the tears have dried, you can use lotions to get rid of the redness. Cotton swabs will help. We moisten them in cool water (regular / carbonated) or strong tea and apply on the eyelids. We keep it in front of our eyes for 10 minutes.
2. Improvement of blood microcirculation. To do this, it is recommended to start doing squats (the more the better). It can also be helpful to make faces while paying attention to the muscles around the eyes. For example, you can quickly blink, squint.
3. Ice cubes. They have a decongestant effect if you wipe your face with them. In case of emergency, we advise you to always have ice cubes in the freezer. To prepare it, use a decoction of herbs (usually mint, lemon balm) or plain water.
4. According to experts, in a similar situation, a contrast shower also comes to the rescue. It will invigorate the body, improve blood circulation and help relieve redness.
5. Cucumbers. They have astringent properties, so they easily relieve swelling. Hold the vegetable in the refrigerator, then cut off two circles and hold it in front of your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
6. Cold tea bags. Can be already brewed or soaked in hot water. Cool in the refrigerator and apply on / under the eyes. 10 minutes will be enough.
7. Light massage of the eyes. You need to do it with your fingertips. Press gently on the skin, moving from the inner corner of the eyelid to the outside. Then move to the lower eyelid, but in the opposite direction, to make a circle. Repeat for no longer than 10 minutes.