How about an airy dessert with seasonal berries?. Don’t worry, you will succeed! Follow the instructions and tune in to a positive wave. Cooking is in good hands today!
For the meringue:
• proteins – 200 g (5 pcs.)
• icing sugar – 250 g
• vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
• lemon juice – 0.5 tbsp. l.
• starch – 1 tbsp. l.
• almond petals – 30 g
For the cream:
• cream 35% – 250 ml
• ricotta – 200 g
• icing sugar – 50 g
• berries – 150 g
• wafer crumb – 2 tbsp. l.
1. Pour the egg whites into a deep, clean, dry bowl. Make sure not to get egg yolk on them.
2. Add sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice to the proteins. Whisk with a blender until crisp peaks. If you are using a hand mixer the process will take 15-17 minutes, if you have a kitchen machine it will take 10-12 minutes.
3. Add cornstarch to keep the meringue crisp and soft inside. Stir in gently with a spatula until smooth.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the meringue evenly over the entire baking sheet. This will create an even layer 1 cm thick. Sprinkle almond petals on top.
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 150 ° C for 30–35 minutes until crisp.
6. In the meantime, prepare the cream. To do this, pour cold cream into a deep, clean, dry container. Begin to beat with a mixer at low speeds, gradually increasing them.
7. Once the cream is whipped until creamy, add the icing sugar, lemon zest and ricotta. Beat on low speed until smooth. Put the finished cream in the refrigerator.
8. As soon as the meringue is crisp, remove it from the oven. Cover with parchment paper and turn face down. Let cool for 5-7 minutes.
9. On the surface of a lukewarm meringue, spread the cream, sprinkle with waffle crumbs, lay out fresh berries and lightly press them down.
10. Gently roll the meringue into a roll and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
11. Serve dessert with fresh berries. Have a nice tea!
Tips from the chef
• You can take any berries for a meringue roll: blueberries, strawberries, currants, raspberries.
• It is not necessary to use ricotta to make the cream; it can be replaced with another cream or curd cheese, but in the same proportion.
• Be sure to let the merengue cool after removing it from the oven to prevent the cream from spreading. But at the same time, do not let it freeze, otherwise you will not roll up the roll.