A healthy snack for those who love snacks but watch their diet – on Chip Day we give you a great recipe
Crispy chickpea chips are a quick snack and a healthy alternative to regular potato chips or nachos. Chickpea chips can be eaten while watching a movie or served as an appetizer with hummus, guacamole, or your favorite dip.
Chickpea flour – 130 g
Salt – ½ tsp
Dried garlic – ¼ tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Water – 3-4 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl: chickpea flour, salt, dried garlic and baking powder.
- Add olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add water by a tablespoon, knead the dough until the mass becomes homogeneous.
- Cut two identical pieces of parchment paper, dust one sheet with a little chickpea flour.
- Transfer the chickpea dough to the parchment paper, press down on the ball with the palm of your hand to make the dough thinner. Lay a second sheet of parchment on top and roll out thin dough.
- Using a knife, cut the chips into a triangle shape and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little salt or your favorite spices, if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.