Crisps as a light and healthy snack – it’s quite real! Today, crispy slices from vegetables, fruits, herbs and even cereals are widespread. This is another benefit-driven trend. Admit it, do you like to have a bite of potatoes with the taste of crab or pickles while watching the series? But you can do this without remorse, even with pleasure. It is enough to cook Crisps without harmful additives at home. Read what you need for this in the Culinary Trends section.
For crispy homemade Crisps, you can use any vegetables. Try starting with your favorite potato and then tasting the beets, pumpkin, squash, and carrots. Another great crunchy snack is kale and bananas. You won’t surprise anyone with dried apples today, unless you forgot about them, and now you remember.
Several life hacks will help you to make the Crisps really tasty. Cut the slices as thin as possible. To do this, use a sharp knife or a special vegetable cutter. Spices will add a bright and memorable aroma to snacks: Provencal herbs, paprika, salt and pepper. And don’t forget the vegetable oil. It is best to cook vegetable Crisps in a dryer or oven, in some cases you can try in a pan. To make the Crisps baked evenly, turn out to be rosy and beautiful, place them on a baking sheet so that they do not come into contact with each other. Use parchment paper.
Kale Light Crisps
Kale is rich in vitamins, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and plenty of calcium. Therefore, kale Crisps will not only be low in calories, but also very healthy. Green kale strengthens teeth, bones, removes toxins from the body, and also supports immunity. Still wondering whether to make Crisps from it?
kale cabbage – 10 sheets
olive oil – 2 tablespoons l.
dried garlic – 1/2 tsp.
paprika – 0.5 tsp.
lemon juice – 1 tsp.
salt, pepper – to taste
1. Wash the kale leaves, dry and remove tough stems.
2. In a deep bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Put the cabbage leaves in the oil mixture, mix well.
4. Arrange the sheets in one layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper (this is important!). Bake in the oven at 150 ° C for 15-20 minutes.
5. Transfer the prepared Crisps to a bowl and after 2 minutes they will become crisper. Eat your Crisps right away, that’s when they’re tastiest!
Sweet dried bananas are common. So we decided to cook salty! When banana and oil are combined, a fairly high-calorie treat is obtained. But this is not a problem, because the composition is absolutely pure, without harmful additives. Cook in small portions and don’t worry about your figure.
bananas – 2 pcs.
vegetable oil – 1.5 tbsp. l.
hops-suneli – 1/2 tsp.
salt, pepper – to taste
1. Peel the bananas and cut into thin slices. Place in a bowl.
2. Add oil, salt and pepper to the bananas. Stir.
3. Place the circles in one layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Cook for 1 hour at 80 ° C. So bananas are rather dried rather than baked.
4. Let the Crisps cool and help yourself!